I made a pact with myself a while ago, that I wouldn’t buy any more eyeshadows palettes. But then the Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Palette became available in the Netherlands! This is just such gorgeous palette, I just couldn’t help myself. I’ve been using it for a few months now, so it’s about time that I share my opinion on it, as well as swatches and eye looks.
Rose gold <3
The palette itself is cardboard based, and I love the look. The gray textured packaging gives a luxurious feel to it. It’s not too bulky, or heavy and at all, which makes it travel friendly. I’ve taken it with me to a few gigs now, and it’s still in once piece (the eyeshadows too) and nice and clean. The palette has a little mirror in it, but I prefer to use a smaller compact mirror.
The palette comes with 14 x 0.025 oz eye shadows.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made palette comes with 14 shades :
- Pink Champagne: rose gold with a titanium finish
- Metallic Plum: dark plum with a metallic finish
- Self-Made: deep bronze with a satin finish
- Witchy: khaki grayish with a sparkle finish
- Blush: light beige with a duo chrome pink finish
- Blossom: lilac pink with a metallic finish
- Buttery: beige with an ultra-matte finish
- Deep Purple: amethyst purple with a titanium finish
- Treasure: ultra-light Champagne with a metallic finish
- Hot & Cold: brown with a metallic finish
- Sherbet: light peach with a velvet finish
- Isla: green with a duo chrome gold finish
- Spirit Rock: galaxy black with a sparkle finish
- Hot Chocolate: cocoa brown with a matte finish
My favorite shades would definitely have to be: “Pink Champagne” ( a gorgeous metallic pink shade, that I use on the lid, and can be intensified with a damp brush or some Fix +) “Blossom” ( sooo creamy), Deep purple (intense doesn’t even do it justice) and “Treasure”( super pretty inner corner highlight!)
These swatches really don’t even come close to how they actually look in real-life. The pigmentation is amazing, and there’s hardly any fall out.
Eyelook 1: Treasure, Isla, Metallic Plum, Self-Made and Hot Chocolate
Eyelook 2: Pink Champagne, Treasure, Blush, Blossom and Deep Purple
Longevity and Conclusion
This is my first time using Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeshadows, and I have to say that I’m impressed. I adore the color selection – which is a great mix of cool and warm tones, some bright colors and essential neutrals. Every time I used the palette, the eyeshadows never creased or faded and stayed put until I removed them at the end of the day. Even in hot situations.(on stage when I’m performing)
The Self-Made palette was a limited edition palette, and I’m sorry to say that it looks like it’s sold out. But I’ve spotted a few online on Ebay, if you want to add this palette to your collection. (Just make sure it’s the real deal!)
I’m a fan, can’t wait to try out more eyeshadows by Anastasia Beverly Hills!
Have you ever tried any of their eyeshadows or palettes? Or maybe you know where they still sell this palette? Tell me in the comments!